Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tiddly Inks Christmas Carol Challenge


This is my second post of the day, so if you're looking for my Cuttlebug Spot card, please scroll down. The Tiddly Inkers are back after a short break and we're all about Christmas Songs. Can you guess what the inspiration for my card was? I've used the new Santa's Helper image along with Yay (I've trimmed her away from her presents) to create a scene from the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". I've framed the cute couple using mats that I've cut and embossed with the Spellbinders Labels Ten die and covered it with a transparency from Creative Imaginations. The mistletoe in the background is a Sizzix die and I've added adhesive pearls for the berries. The sentiment is a peel off.
The images are colored with Copics and I've added Stickles to Yay and Marvy Snow marker to Santa's Helper to simulate fur.
The mat stack is held together with brads (that I heat embossed with antique gold because I didn't have the right color) and the whole lot is popped for dimension. I've adhered Santa's Helper to the transparency with glue dots and then popped his Sweetie just at the edge with the dimensional glue dots to look like she's leaning in to steal a kiss. xx

Inside I saved the mat cut outs and stacked them on another piece of the transparency. I've added a computer sentiment, border peelies and some red beads for a little pop. The rest of the Tiddly Inkers have more fabulous inspiration so go have a look at the Challenge Blog and be sure to stop by Christy's regular Tiddly Inks Blog for A Tiddly Tuesday freebie.






No comments:

Post a Comment