Sunday, December 19, 2010

Blue Christmas


Don't ask. No, I'm no further along with ANYTHING I actually HAVE to do. DH wanted to go to Carmel yesterday so I ditched my decorating and DT card plans and off we went. Even with crap weather it's a magical town.

This card, however, has been in my mind for quite awhile, and oops, yes, it's another KennyK (can't help it, I LOVE them and I sure had good luck last time). This image is Devilish Donna (wonder why she's my FAVE, LOL) with a little Santa hat from Xmas Accessories. She's colored with Copics with some added shimmer from Spica pens with some Stickles on her hat for good measure. The card stock is some shimmery Bazzil with a glitter paper mat and the pine boughs and snowflakes are MS punches. With the added gems, pearls and yummy ribbon, I think this will definitely qualify for the Digital Tuesday Sparkling Christmas (plus digi) Challenge as well as the Copic Creations challenge which is also Sparkle, don't you? I'm also entering it in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge Show Us Some Snow. (Tell me this challenge blog isn't right up my alley. LOL)

See her little tear? I've been listening to Christmas music and "Blue Christmas" really gets to me. In fact, nearly all Christmas songs make me tear up, not just the sad ones. What's up with that? Does anyone else get highly emotional during the holidays? So as you can imagine, this card is inspired by that song and fits in with the Sentimental Sundays Inspired by a Song Challenge.
Of course the sentiment should come as no surprise. Hope it's okay for the challenge that's it's on the inside. Just couldn't make it fit on the front. And I decorated it, no less. Quite the labor of love. I sure hope you all are with your loved ones this Christmas, but if anybody is missing anybody out there, this card's for you. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment