Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Peppermint Fresh from Peggy Loves Vintage


Okay, I'm officially hyper about this holiday. I told myself NO WAY would I still be decorating on Christmas EVE (like I'm usually doing) but have I even started? Of course not. Maybe today. Anyone else in a panic? I do have a solution for last minute card makers, though. I've been messing with embossing folders and punches to make some quick but beautiful cards and what better images to use than Peggy Loves Vintage? Here I used an image from Candy Cane 1 Cut Outs (also available on Peggy's Vintage Christmas CD volume 4) and I love that I was able to resize the image to fit in the center of the MS Punch Around the Page set (which if you ask me is a pretty funky size). There are 6 different candy cane images on the cut-out sheet so I plan to make a whole set. The loopy border of the image inspired which punch I chose and I adore how it came out (except for the glare on the pic, sorry).
I was going to mount it directly on the A2 card base that I embossed with the Cuttlebug Candy Cane Stripe embossing folder (don't remember where this one came from, maybe a bundle?) but decided to add a smaller red mat to show off the loops better. Then I just did 2 layers of popping and I was done! I just love how fresh and clean it came out. Be sure to visit the Peggy Loves Vintage shop and check out the variety of Cut Outs that are available for quick download and stop by the Peggy Loves Vintage Blog for inspiration (and perhaps a freebie or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment