Saturday, July 10, 2010

Macabre Monday Wacko Jacko Challenge


I've been missing my Cricky! Soo many cartridges, so little time! YIKES! Conveniently, this week's Macabre Monday over at The Haunted Design House has a Wacko Jacko's theme (No, not Michael Jackson, LOL) and my new Oct 31st cartridge fit right in. BTW, I also got Pumpkin Carving, but I didn't think the images were scary enoughfor this. No shadows on this cart which really chaps my behind, but I did manage to deal. I welded the scary jack-0-lantern (with the features hidden using DS) to the scarecrow body. Then made a slightly larger version and cut it in orange and again hid selected contours. To set the scene I welded cornsalks from Just Because Cards (ANOTHER cart I hadn't used yet!) The bats and crow are also from Oct 31st.

The carved pumpkin head was covered in Rock Candy Crackle paint which made it look a bit like it was rotting and made the menacing teeth curl up in a very sinister way. (WooHoo!) I drew highlights on the body and corn stalks with an embossing pen and heat embossed with clear powder. The crow and bats were heat embossed as well.
There's a bit of popping here and there for dimension. The background is done with Distress Inks by swiping, spraying , smudging, masking, etc. and the edges were ground up a bit with my Distrezz-it-All. It is mounted on a sort of raffia fringe I cut off a stitched bag from my stash.


Another optional part of the challenge was to post a pic of your own (or someone elses) jack-o-lantern. Well, this is the only pic I have of one I've carved. (The one near my hands on the gnarly grape vine stand) It's the one of those fake ones and I sort of copied a pic from a vintage illustration where there were all sorts of lines coming from the features of the face so it's does glow pretty cool when lit. (however, I don't think it really show here) Not particularly scary though (except perhaps me in my witchy wardrobe, LOL)
I also want to thank GiNA for sending me that FAB card from the masking challenge. I SOOOO LOVE it and it will hold a place of honor in my craft room. (And congrats on the Gruesome Twosome honor for that. Want it back?...NO WAY! LOL)
Oh and hey, De, if you're out there. I AM a follower of your blog and it STILL won't let me post a comment. Looks like you're getting the same kind of (chinese?) spam junk as I am, but I just delete it. LOVE your can!
Okay, so much for insomnia. I'm going back to bed! Night night!








No comments:

Post a Comment