Monday, July 19, 2010

New Macabre Monday Challenge- Wayward Words


Surprise, surprise! Much to my delight I am now one of the Macabre Minions at the Haunted Design House. I'm so happy and proud to be part of the Sisterhood of the Sinister. (Don't faint now, Sandy! LOL) Anyway, the new Macabre Monday challenge starting today is Wayward Words, focussing on text (preferably spooky). Some of you may have seen this card before. It so perfectly fit the challenge (and as you can see I was just under the wire from LAST week) that I thought it would be appropriate to bring it up again.

The card was inspired by an old root I found on a walk. It reminded me of the scary tree in Seepy Hollow so I took it home and made this card. The background paper is actually text from the book which I distressed and highlighted some of the words. The full moon is cut twice and popped using Accent Essentials. I used Storybook to cut the window for the diorama and sprayed the card stock with black gold glimmer mist. The side panels were embossed with the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug folder to make it look like bark and the antique gold metallic letters are from M's. I added a scary pumpkin brad and the off cuts from the Martha Stewart bat border punch.
Because they were too small to pop, I fashioned a wire in a sort of flight pattern and adhered them back to back. Be sure to bop on over to Haunted Design House to see what else is brewing and come on and play along. Barb will be introducing us this week and the bios should be fun! Remember, it's NEVER to early for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment