Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot- Christmas in July


It's Christmas in July over at The Cuttlebug Spot. Well, you'd think with all of the Christmas cards I've been doing, this would be a no brainer, but BECAUSE I've been doing so many, it was hard to think of something new. I did try and keep it all Cuttlebug, and utilize some of the things I've hardly, or NEVER used. It was fun work with non traditional colors as well. I cut and embossed several of the Christmas trees and Santa from a Cuttlebug Cut and emboss combo in foil card stock and did Santa again in white and hand cut the face and suit details.
Both of the embossing folders are from the Exclusive Oh My Crafts Holiday bundle from last year. I cut the bottom of the snowflake frame to make it look like a snow drift and then cut an oval in the leftover top piece with my Nesties and popped both pieces to give it some depth. Behind is the tree folder. I felt it had a bit of a modern feel so I used a peelie from Stampendous for the sentiment. So now it's time YOU get your Christmas on! Have a look and The Cuttlebug Spot to view the great inspiration from the rest of the DT and come on and play along. There's a $20 gift certificate from Custom Crops up for grabs but remember to please include some dry embossing and make it a NEW card. Back posts aren't fair to the rest of the participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment