Friday, July 30, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot Mini Album Challenge


Looks like I lucked out here. I'm hoping when I get home I'll be able to retrieve my CHA pix from my ailing camera, but in the meantime I realized I'd uploaded my Cuttlebug Spot challenge project to my blog before I'd left. This week we're embossing on mini albums or books and I decided to do a TP roll (or for you germaphobes, a paper towel roll) album. I've never done one of these before, but one thing I learned immediately is your Cuttlebug is a great way to flatten the rolls before covering or embellishing them. They are covered in creme card stock embossed with Morrocan Screen, Ironworks, Victoria, and Textile Texture Cuttlebug folders and the new Tim Holtz Damask folder. The black borders are Stampin'Up and EK Success border punches and borders from the Cuttlebug Ironworks Card Making combo. The motif's are Spellbinder's for the lock and key and Fleur de Lis pendant, MS punches for the heart and butterfly, and again the Ironworks combo for the square with the scrolls.
I had a set of clear stamp words that impressed me as the keys to happiness. They were cut with Nesties Mega Ovals and layered with my fave K&CO paper again. This was a really fun challenge and my DT sisters did amazing things with it so be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot to see their creations as well.
It's another late night and there's a Cricut Circle breakfast tomorrow before the CHA Super Show opens at noon. Hope to see many of you there and I apologize for missing your projects this week as my blog hopping time is non existant. (I also have 180 unread emails that aren't going to be opened any time soon. So sorry, but I promise to catch up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment