Sunday, May 16, 2010

Voodoo Witchery for Haunted Design House



Well last week was fun but almost did me in doing 5 major projects and articles for Everyday Cricut plus 2 for BBTB2 (a new one for tomorrow). YIKES! On Friday I just sat staring at my mess on the table and finally blew it all off to spend time with DH. I missed several of my fave challenges but did NOT miss Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House where this week's challenge is Voodoo Witchery. Hope I don't scare away any of my new followers. It's all in fun. LOL

I decided I'd make my own Voodoo doll. Do you recognize her? Do the initials I embroidered on her dress give you a clue? I couldn't help but think that Karin from Jill Penney and Daniel Torrente for Stampotique is a fairly good likeness and has that sort of deranged perfect housewife looks that so comes to mind when I think of the ridiculously high standards our dear MS sets for us.
Okay, I buy her books, read her mags, occasionally watch her tv show and spend a sh**load of cash on her crafting goodies only to feel inadequate because no matter what, you know she's always thinking "I can do anything more beautifully than you." So I went a little berserk and took my own inadequacies out on poor Martha.

She's stamped on canvas and colored with Copics. I hand stitched around her and stuffed her with shredded and crimped pages of a MS Living magazine (that's what she's lying on too.) She is removeable in case I want to carry her with me next time I go shopping at M's and have a cart full of her stuff but only ONE coupon and the total gives me heart failure. The lacy punch along the edge is of course HERS and one it usually takes me several tries to not screw up (And don't even ASK how long it takes me to do one of those punch around the page thingies!) I know you have to cut a certain size but it doesn't matter! They were specifically designed to make us feel like IDIOTS! So that's my little rant. Hope you aren't all freaking out. I, for one, am feeling much better. It's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment