Monday, May 10, 2010

BBTB2 and Peggy Loves Vintage


This week at BBTB2 the Design Team had beautifully nostalgic images from Peggy Loves Vintage to work in tandem with any of the first row tags from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. I'm a big fan of Peggy Loves Vintage (and am honored to be on her Design Team) so this was an especially fun challenge for me. I love to combine Peggy's vintage images with punched borders, Cutting Cafe sentiments, Cricut cuts... well, they're so versatile, they work with anything! I chose the little girl and little boy at the beach images. They came separately or together but since I wanted to fussy cut the images I chose to print them separately. I printed the little girl twice and the boy once and used the scalloped top tag (page 91 or last one on the left of the top row) and the window cut to make my little vignette. And what a better way to showcase it than to make an easel card.
The frame and the images are popped and I tied a little hemp around the frame for detail. the designer papers are from the DCWV Linen Closet stack. Don't they have a sweet summery feel?
The "sand" paper is from the 2008 DCWV Summer glitter mat stack. "Summer" was cut twice from the Lyrical Letters cartridge with Alpha Beads strung on more hemp to complete the sentiment. The popped label is Spellbinder's Labels Eleven and I added a small shell for detail. Finally, I used "Skittles" to hold up the easel. I thought they sort of looked like sea glass. Be sure to stop by BBTB2 and check out how my Design Team sisters used more of Peggy's fun images and stop by Peggy Loves Vintage to browse the delightful images she has in store. Hey, and be sure to scroll down to see my Everyday Cricut post (I'm Ms. May!) and my Cutting Cafe giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment