Sunday, May 2, 2010

Macabre Monday Music Mayhem



Well I made it! Wasn't sure I was gonna but I was thinking about this challenge all week. It's Music Mayhem for the Macabre Monday Challenge #036. Your project should reflect words or images inspired by a song (preferably a sort of creepy one). I knew right off I wanted to do the Beatles "Eleanor Rigby". When that song first was popular I'd gotten a clock radio with a sleep timer for Christmas and started to try to go to sleep to music. (I'm pretty sure I was in Jr. High)I swear, every time I was drifting off I'd hear those manic strings start and I'd be snapped awake. Then I couldn't get the words out of my head...particularly...

"waits at the window, wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door. Who is it for?"



It creeped me right out, enough so, that I'd have to get up for awhile and go watch tv with my parents to calm down. So here's my jar. I made a shaped card with Cricut Design Studio using the jar from Doodlecharms. The shadow cut I did in some K@Co paper that reminded me of old wallpaper that you'd see through the jar on the table. I'm thinking this would have been an old jar so I cut the layers out of frosted acrylic I got from the now defunct Short Cuts. I stamped Clover from Stampotique again (gotta get more heads) in Staz-On on the back piece of acrylic. The lid is done in matte metallic paper, distressed and some Distress Stickles added to sort of look like rust. I'm figuring old lonely Eleanor would have kept a rose from a long departed suitor near her jar so I glued on one of my dried "black" roses from the garden and sort of picked it apart a bit to make it look creepier. Then I tattered a faded fiber ribbon and tied it around the jar as a finishing touch. Yeah, this is definitely in the "who will I be sending this card to?" catagory. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment