Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Not Just for Mother's Day Doily Card and Free .Cut File


I really love the feminine lacy feel of doilies and when I spotted one on the Mother's Day 2010 Seasonal Cartridge I knew I wanted to make a shaped card, however there was no shadow...GRRR. Fortunately the pattern was even enough to enlarge it slightly and by hiding the selected contours of ALL of the detail I was able to make this card. Once the work was done, the card goes together in a snap and I think the base would be great for a number of different things. I put the Happy Mother's Day sentiment on the front so it could be sent to anyone you'd like to send those wishes to. I kept the embellies simple, but you could really go to town if you wish. If you like, the FREE .cut file and instructions can be found HERE on the Custom Crops site. Just a quickie post, because I'm celebrating my birthday with my neighbor today (I'm all for prolonging the birthday experience as long as I can. LOL) and we're out to lunch and shopping. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment