Monday, January 17, 2011

BBTB2 Armadillo (or Whimsical Bird) Challenge



What? You've never seen an armadillo purse/basket? Really? LOL Well, this week at BBTB2, the lovely Krista chose the armadillo cut from Birthday Bash. Because it's a fairly new cart, a number of the DT sisters didn't have it, and surprise, surprise there is no armadillo on any other regular Cricut cart so Krista included the whimsical bird from Birthday bash or any other whimsical brid from any other cart. Got it?




Okay, when I think of armadillos I always think of my BFF from college, Becky, whose grandmother gave her the funkiest basket made out of a real armadillo complete with head, feet, little nails...you get the picture...eeewww!!! She's an avid knitter and used to keep her yarn stored in it. It actually was kinda cool in a really creepy sort of way, and being that that's as close to an armadillo as I've ever been, I set out to recreate it. (I know, sorta warped, but you know I NEVER really like to use the cuts exacty like they are on the carts.)


I welded 2 of the shells and the face to the purse card from Create a Critter. Had to do a bit of manipulating it in DS but it sorta worked. the stripes on the tail and armor were cut free hand. I used the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles folder for embossing, stuck a few flowers, beads and a gingham bow to gussy it up a bit and called it done (after about 7 hours of screwing around with it... LOL) I was a bit out of mojo after my Macabre Monday card which also has a ton of Cricut manipulation so be sure to scroll down to see why I was SOOO tired. Be sure to hop on over to BBTB2 and check out the adorable projects this week and we'd love to see your armadillo (or whimsical bird) so why not come and play along?

No comments:

Post a Comment