Monday, January 24, 2011

BBTB2 Butterfly Challenge


This week at BBTB2, the lovely Lori chose the beautiful butterfly from Once Upon a Princess. Who knew? and it's a great one too with all kinds of fabby layering. This is actually my second design and second attempt at cutting the second design because I just couldn't make up my mind what to do (and the cuts I did with yellow black and orange turned out looking more like Halloween than the monarch and swallowtail vision I had originally. Not that I don't love me some Halloween, but...) Anyway, this isn't a card but possibly a wall or door hanger. Maybe I'll even frame it so I can gaze at it when I'm feelin' the need to fly away. The base shape is also from OUAP and Fly is from Straight From the Nest. All of the butterflies are welded to the word using Design Studio. I finally settled on a color scheme from the gorgeous background paper from the Jubilee stack from K&Co.

Loads of dimension here, as you can see. I'm never really happy doing flat things. At the last minute I decided to give them antennae so out came the wire.
I wasn't quite sure how I was going to layer up the butterflies either, so I cut them in all of the colors so I could have lots of options. And of course, the pearls... Now remember, if you don't have Once Upon a Princess you may use a butterfly from ANY cartridge (and we all know there are TONS!) so you have NO EXCUSE not to play along. Check out the fabulous inspiration pieces by my DT sisters HERE and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment