Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dia de Reyes Blog Hop!


Welcome to the Dia de Reyes Blog Hop. If you've come from Madison's Blog you are on the right track. If not, you'll want to hop over to Gaby's Blog to read about this wonderful holiday tradition and find out the details for winning the fabulous prizes she has to offer. I used the Cricut Cartridge Christmas Village for my Reyes Magos card. Because they are meant to be standing figures, I designed the card in Design Studio and used a rectangle from George to cut the figures off where I wanted. To save paper I also positioned the cuts off the mat which in the case of the King leading the camel confused DS enough that I not only had to turn off my Cricut and close the file after cutting it, I also had to close the entire DS program and restart it to continue. Each King was cut twice, and assembled with the gold foil card stock slightly offset to approximate a shadow Fortunately it all worked out in the end.

"We Three Kings" is from the Winter Frolic cartridge which fortunately does have an accompanying shadow. Because the Kings are just silhouettes, I used adhesive gems to bring out some details. The background card stock is from the DCWV Luxury Stack and the Kings themselves are matte metallic from Recollections. The gold border is a peel off.


Each King is popped from his shadow and then popped from the next for dimension. the sentiment is popped as well and adds a bit more drama to a pretty simple card.

The rest are the pictures of my Reyes Magos that spend the Christmas Season on the table in my entryway. In Latin countries the Kings are not added to the Nativity until the evening of January 5th but my dudes always jump the gun 'cause I love them so much! LOL
Now hopefully you have been visiting all the blogs in order and are collecting the magic words to complete the sentence for the prize and don't forget to leave comments along the way.
My word is OUTSIDE.
Now hop along to Martha's Blog and enjoy the wonderful festivities. But if you're lost, Click HERE to find your way. Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment