Saturday, May 8, 2010

Macabre Monday "Ode to the Bruise"


Okay, I really should be doing other stuff right now, but when I got my mega order of Stampotique stamps (watch out Sandy LOL Hope you don't mind me teasing you like this, girlfriend!) I had to immediately play along with this week's Macabre Monday Challenge at the Haunted Design House. The "Ode to the Bruise" challenge calls for the lovely colors purple, teal, yellow and black; you know, bruise colors. I was so hoping my stamps would come for this challenge because I wanted to use Heads by Daniel Torrente. I stamped it using StazOn on acetate (mainly because I thought I could wipe it off if I screwed up. That's one big image and you know my stamping ability is limited). Then I smeared and sprayed and sponged Distress Inks in Wild Honey, Broken China, Dusty Concord, and Black Soot over my background paper, blew it dry and ground the crap out of it with my Distrezz it all. Did the same for the card base (the grinding, I mean). The acetate is attached with skull and guitar brads (which I changed from red to black with my Bic permanent marker) and added some crumpled silver mesh. "Mosh pit" is done on the computer. Can you think of a better place to get bruised? Creepy enough, Agnes? Who knew under that sweet exterior you were one twisted chick? Just kidding hon, you know I love you! I know these aren't everybody's cup of tea, but I love, love, LOVE these challenges. You oughta try one, you'll LIKE it! For the rest of you don't worry. Next week you'll have cute Cricut up the ying yang. I'd like to think I can keep everybody happy while stretching my creative wings, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment