Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stampotique Challenge Think Outside the Box


I told you I was REALLY excited to get my Stampotique order. Do you believe this is my second post today? And notice they're BOTH using Stampotique stamps. (Breathe deep Sandy! LOL) On the Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog we're to "think out of the box" which I took to mean "do something other than a card" so I looked at the stuff I've been collecting to alter and came across this paper mache frame I got on clearance after Valentine's Day and figured if I screwed it up, no big deal. (It was WAY cheap!) My worries were, of course, that I would screw up the stamping since I planned to stamp directly on the frame and it was curved, and you know my stamping woes, etc., etc. Well miraculously I stamped Marci cleanly and I was so excited that I was almost afraid to do anything else. LOL I decided not to add any color because I intended to put a particularly unattractive kindergarten pic of me in it (which is black and white) but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I couldn't find it. "Cute" is a rub on and "as a" is done with Studio K Epoxy stickers. Then I added buttons and inked a tiny bit around the edges and that was it. Not nearly as creative or elaborate as the other entries, but I figured I better quit while I was ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment