Monday, September 6, 2010

BBTB2 Mini Monograms Challenge


First of all, Happy 35th Anniversary to my (I'll spare you the pet names. LOL) hubby. He won't see this because he never checks out my blog but I must report he let out a HOOT when he opened the card I made him. (and blushed when he asked if I had posted it, LOL) We're off to one of our favorite places, Cavallo Point in Sausalito, for a fabulous meal (can you say Michelin Star?) and overnight and I hope to take pix from our window of the Golden Gate tonight with my new camera (WooHoo!)

Anyway, this week at BBTB2 it's Readers Choice, Mini Monograms. I don't actually have this cartridge but my dear friend Leah does so thanks again Sweetie, you're a lifesaver! It was my recollection that we could use any of the creative features, but we were supposed to use numbers so I created a Halloween door hanger.


One thing that's sort of weird about this cartridge is that all of the numbers aren't included in all of the features so I had to do quite a bit of cutting and pasting (and hiding contours in DS) to get what I wanted. All of the cuts are from Mini Monograms, the card stock is Stampin'Up Basic Black and Dusty Durango (thanks, Lillie) , the embossing is the Tim Holtz Swirls folder, the DP is K&Co, ribbon is Offray and the tiny bats and ghosts are Rain Dots.

Of course the layers are popped and I'm a little disappointed in myself for not embellishing it more elaborately. Time was not on my side, LOL. My DT sisters have come up with some fabulously creative ideas so pop by BBTB2 and have a look. We love it when you play along, but if you don't have the cartridge, you're welcome to find something similar on one of the others and use that instead. So soon we'll be off (with no computer to distract us) but I'll be back tomorrow with a new Tiddly Inks card (thank heavens for scheduled postings) so pop back by.

No comments:

Post a Comment