Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tiddly Inks Sketch Challenge and Oh Alice! Chapter 31


This week at Tiddly Inks we had a fab sketch to follow from the lovely Betty Boo. The image is Royal Proclamation and comes with a little story. Recently I was called a Prima Donna. Ha Ha! (I say sarcastically) Because of my name, I've been called that before and never really thought all that much about it. However, although I knew it was a tease, I actually looked up the definition. (How RUDE!) Let's just say I was less than amused... So while checking some of my other fave challenge blogs I came across the Oh Alice! theme for this week which is Fighting for the Crown. Perfect! It's no accident the Queen has red hair (and she's PISSED). Her dress is paper pieced (twice) so I could add a bit of dimension to her skirt. She's mounted on a mat done with the MS crown Punch Around the Page and the sentiment is cut with my Nesties. The spare crowns on the side are brads.
Here you can see a bit more of the dimension. And just in case you missed that sentiment... Prima Donna my ass! (oops, that just snuck in there, sorry!) You may address me as Your Royal Highness (or Empress, if you prefer). Now go have a look at the fabby stuff my DT sisters came up with on the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog and come and play along. Heck, with such a fabulous sketch you're already half way there. And don't forget it's Tiddly Tuesday so there are freebies to be had. You can find a preview HERE and download them when you join the Tiddly Inks PCP group.

No comments:

Post a Comment