Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tiddly Inks Diamond Glaze or Crackle Challenge


Happy Tuesday! This week at Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog it's all about crackle or shine. I don't mess too much with that stuff so this really was a challenge for me. I guess I'm too impatient waiting for stuff to dry, although it might help if I didn't procrastinate. LOL I really wanted to try to do something different. After several failed attempts with crackle and a weird cracked glass episode on mirror board, I did the kind of experimentation that my friend Margie does. (She'll try ANYTHING. LOL Especially when...oh never mind. Luv ya girl!) So what is that crackly icy looking stuff over Snowman Sid? Believe it or not, it's several (4 maybe?) coats of Utee on a thick piece of clear vinyl from Short Cuts (no longer in business, bummer). I started with a rectangle a bit longer than I needed (didn't want to melt it to my fingers) and coated it with embossing ink, covered it with Utee and gave it a shot with my heat gun. I was a little tentative thinking it would just melt into a big mess, but the vinyl held up. WooHoo. I repeated the process over and over, trying to get it all smooth, but the edges stayed a bit bumpy and I eventually decided it looked like crusty ice and went with it. I punched holes in the piece and attached it to Snowman Sid and the mat with Doodlebug Sugar Coated brads through punched snowflakes. The rest is pretty obvious.


Now if you'd like to play along but don't want to mess with all of this, Christy has a super crackle paper freebie HERE or on our PCP group page. Be sure to check out the fun examples by the rest of the Tiddly Inkers and stay tuned for The SALE and new mini release OCT 1 at the Tiddly Inks Shop (fun new stuff happening).

No comments:

Post a Comment