Monday, September 13, 2010

BBTB2 Crayon Box Challenge


This week Regina, our dear BBTB2 DT sister, founder of the original BBTB and owner of the fabulous Cutting Cafe chose the Crayon Box from the TBBM cartridge. I love this cut and often use it for envies for my fat Cricut cards. Actually I use it so often that I had a bit of a brain freeze. In a way I feel like I've cheated a bit because the box is the only Cricut on this project. As I've said before, I'm trying to actually USE some of my new crafty purchases (as well as old stash) so that's how this came about. The box was cut at 9" which is the largest you can cut it on a 12" mat.
At the Santa Clara Scrap Expo I purchased a number of the Heartfelt Creations stamp sets that coordinate with Spellbinder's Nesties. This was a first attempt and I must say they take a bit of practice to line up, even using the template method as recommended. I'm not gonna tell you how many got tossed in the bin. I used both the Aztec Gold Sunflowers sets 1 and 2 which coordinate with the Nesties Blossom 2. They were embossed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder and inked with Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Brushed Corduroy (does that scream "Fall" or what?) The gorgeous corners are from the Heartfelt Creations Perfect Petals Die Cut by Spellbinders. The seeds are hand cut and the sentiment was cut with Nesties Labels Four (both on the Sunflowers 1 set).
The DP is K&Co Wild Saffron and so are the layered sticker leaves, tiny lady bug and dragonfly. The gorgeous Offray ribbon from my LSS inspired me to attach it to the box but leave it loose near the flap for a tie closure. My DT sisters knocked this one out of the park with tons of creative inspiration so be sure to check out BBTB2 if you haven't already. I hope you're inspired enough to try your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment