Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tiddly Inks Birthday Card


This week at Tiddly Inks our challenge is Birthday Cards. I just adore Take a Bow with her little birthday 'prise and couldn't wait to color her. Her dress is paper pieced, but instead of printing her on DP, I used a second image and stamped the dots with the Papertrey Ink Polka Dots Basics II set I'd received for my birthday from my dear friend Leah. (LOVE it, thanks Leah!) Then I fussy cut the dress in the usual paper piecing manner. Her bows and gift were colored twice and popped for dimension.

I wanted to do something a little different so I modified a swing card for the dimension I wanted to make a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card with a small swing window. This actually requred a piece of cardstock that was 13 inched long and it was scored at 5 1/2 and 9 1/4. The basic tut for doing the swing window with your Cuttlebug and Nestabilities is found HERE.
The swing window has a little embossed present from from the stamp cut and emboss set that came free with my Cuttlebug.
As you open the card the window swings (it has another embossed pressie on the other side). The sweet paper is Basic Grey Eva and I've added sheer ribbon to make the card look gift wrapped as well. The little metal hearts are Colorbok from J's.
I'm particularly pleased with how the inside came out. That gift you see is the same gift that you see in her hand. (AHHH, the beauty of digis! ) I blew the image up to the size that would give me a large enough present and printed it. Then I taped some card stock over the image and masked the ribbon lines so I could add a rub on (Melissa Frances) sentiment. Although blowing up the digi like that does increase the thickness of the lines, I trimmed the some of the thickness away around the outside when I cut it out. So now it's time to hop on over to the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog to see the wonderful inspiration from the rest of the Tiddly Inkers and dream up a creation of your own. There are sooo many adorable new images at The Tiddly Inks Store that it's almost impossible to choose. Also remember, there is a DT call if you'd like to join this fabulous team. Click HERE for deets. Again I apologize for being MIA on so many of my favorite blogs the past week or so. But eat your heart out guys, because I'm probably sipping coffee on the balcony gazing at the Golden Gate while you're reading this. No computer distractions here. It doesn't get any better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment