Monday, September 20, 2010

BBTB2 Oct 31st Candle Challenge- Love Never Dies


No, you're not seeing things. This isn't my Macabre Monday post. Scroll down for that. HeeHee! Thanks to our fabulously talented DT sister Sandi, I got to do TWO Halloweenish projects in a row (and you all know how I LOVE Halloween!) This week at BBTB2 we were to use the dripping candle from the Oct 31st cartridge. The inspiration for my card came from 2 places. One is the Halloween tableau I do around my front door each year (yes, I made those dripping candles on the skully head and there's a single one too on the other side that didn't quite make it in the pic) and the second is a beautiful digi stamp from Delicious Doodles called "Loves Faded Memory".

I made a shaped card using Design Studio combining images from Indy Art, Oct 31 (duh!) and Sweethearts (Love).
No shadows on the Oct 31st cart so I hid contours on the candle and did the slightly offsetting technique to approximate one. I'm not really sure if you can see in the pic, but I used glossy accents to give true dimension to the drips. (Much like I used hot glue on the candles on my porch). I find that with this much Glossy Accents the paper tends to curl, so I cut the candle in white 3 times and glued them together for thickness...problem solved!
The heart is embossed with the Script Cuttlebug Folder and inked a bit with Aged Mahogany Distress. I like to think of it as memories of love letters etched deep into the heart (tell me you didn't keep some of those). The top layer of the rose is done in velvet paper enhances with a little bling.
Oh yeah, lots of dimension. You know that's my favorite part!
And Looky! I even finished the inside! A word on that. There is NO WAY you can made a card like this and not have an inside mat. It simply won't stand up, so plan for it when you're doing the design. I added a bit of drippy goo to mimic the candle wax. the sentiment is computer generated and I went AGAIN to my Fanciful Labels Embossing Plus folder. Sorry for the long post, I kinda liked this project. Hope you aren't all too creeped out. Now go and see the fabulous inspiration from my DT sisters on BBTB2. And you don't need the Oct 31st cartridge to play along, any candle will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment