Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Acetate Challenge


This week at Bah! Humbug! we were to use acetate. I had all sorts of visions, but forgot that I had a dentist appointment yesterday and when I returned DH was up for lunch out so how could I refuse? That meant, however, that I really didn't get started until this morning. What to do? I decided to use the Hero Arts clear stamps I hadn't used yet and stamped the acetate with white opaque Staz-On. So now what? I cut an aperture through 3 layers of cardstock using my Nesties Mega Ovals Large and sandwiched the acetate between the layers. The only problem was, if I matted the inside with the light blue, you couldn't see the stamping.


I found a decent teal for the inside, but now there was no tie in to the front colors. I cut a band in teal and punched photo corners for the front but the card was too plain. I added a mirror snowflake and some rhinestones to the stamped image which helped...some, but it still looked unfinished. PEELIES to the RESCUE! I added silver borders all around, a sentiment and fancy corners over the plain dark ones and even managed to curved some around the oval. Now I think it's looking rather elegant and think it will escape the bin after all. Phew! I was getting nervous. It's kinda late to start over. LOL
For those of you who have asked, peelies are peel off stickers. Stampendous makes a few in the US, but the majority come from overseas. The peelies used here are borders, corners and the sentiment. I got mine at the last Scrapbook Expo from Stone Bridge Creations, but you can find them at www.stonebridgecreations.com. I don't think you can actually order them online, but you can see what they have and place a phone order.

No comments:

Post a Comment