Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot Sketch Challenge and Caardvarks Embossing Challenge


This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we have a lovely sketch to work with from our very talented DT member Aymee. I was lucky enough to have a gorgeous new stamp set from Sweet Pea Stamps that I was dying to play with. I thought it would go perfectly with my FAVE K&Co paper so I heat embossed it in black on cream cardstock. (I almost NEVER heat emboss but I'm SOOO PLEASED at how it came out!) Conveniently, the Caarvaarks June challenge is wet or dry embossing so WooHoo for that!
The long vertical strip is embossed with the Textile Texture embossing folder and I used a Martha Stewart border punch along the edge. I didn't think that was enough embossing, so I embossed the card front itself with the Limited edition Butterflies folder from Crafts Too I got at Custom Crops. Because it was smaller than the card front, I then used a border from the Organic Flourish border set to fill in the gap at the other edge.
I used my Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die to make the flowers. This Bigz Die works just fine in the Cuttlebug by removing your A plate and replacing it with a B plate. Then use the die, cardstock and another B plate. I spritzed the flowers with water and crumpled them, let them dry, uncrumpled and VOILA! Please be sure to visit The Cuttlebug Spot to see the lovely creations by my DT sisters, and we'd love it if you'd play along. I was sooo happy to see last week's particpation.

No comments:

Post a Comment