Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh Alice! Crazy for Daisy Chains Challenge


Yesterday I did not craft. My room was such a mess that I literally couldn't walk around or find ANYTHING. It was causing me so much duress I HAD to clean it up (and believe me, I have a huge tolerance for clutter, LOL). Fortuanately this morning I was able to get right in and do the challenge for Oh Alice! which is a sketch done by the fabulous DT member Tasha along with daisies or a similar flower. I LOVE this sketch and remembered I had what looks to me like a daisy chain trim right in my stash (AND I was able to find it, WooHoo!) so I used it to create the swish from the sketch. I followed it quite literally with a few extra embellishments. The gorgeous stamp is a Sweet Pea by Elaine Cox, colored with my Copics, cut and matted with my Petite Ovals Nesties. The sentiment is from Sassy Studio Designs and the gorgeous crocheted flowers are hand made by Leah at Paper Blossoms. (I'm afraid it doesn't look like she's selling them anymore, but they're lovely!)
The daisy chain created qite a bit of bulk so both the plaid mat (Basic Grey Kioshi) and the image are popped. (Who am I kidding? You know I would have popped them anyway. LOL) Thanks for another great challenge, ladies! xxD

No comments:

Post a Comment