Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh Alice! Mad Watch Challenge


My Mad Watch Creation



The Inspiration Photo
What a fun challenge at Oh Alice! this week. there was a fabulous inspiration picture to draw from. At first I was bummed because I've yet to receive my Clockworks Cuttlebug folder so I scrambled to find some stamps. Then upon rifling through my drawers I came across the TONS of cool Tim Holtz stuff I've been hoarding and decided to go a different route.

The Timepieces and Game Spinners sort of clinched it. I mounted the largest face to one of the ornate frames using Glossy accents. I added a sprocket gear and 3 hands to make it look more mad. the top of the watch is decorated with Metal Foliage. Love the mix of metals!

I used Type Charms to spell out "LATE" and attached them with jump rings to the bottom. Then I remembered a small ladies antique enameled pocket watch I had (pretty sure it was my grandmother's) which was the gorgeous blue from the inspiration photo.

I added a Swivel Clasp for a watch fob and filled a 1 x 3" Memory frame with Graphic 45 paper and a tiny Alice playing card of the White Rabbit that I cut up to fit. Finally, I glued additional gears and sprockets, another metal flower and a pearl to embellish, again using glossy accents. (Love how that stuff glues ANYTHING!) I really enjoy challenges that make me think outside the box and craft with the fun things I've been collecting. I tried to hang my creation in one of the glass domes I have some of my other antique pocket watches in but it was too large. Guess I'll have to find a way to display it in a shadow box or something. Thanks ladies for a particularly fabulous challenge this week. Update!!!! WOOHOO!!! I won the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment