Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge # 20 - Silhouettes


I was so excited to see this week's Silhouette challenge over at Bah! Humbug! because the A Child's Year Cricut cartridge is just FULL of them and they make such sweet cards. I had a hard time choosing but because I was a skater when I was young I'd been dying to use that image. I mounted it on a shaped snowflake base done in Cricut DS with several layers. (I guess in a way that's another silhouette, eh? The top layer is embossed with Swiss Dots. I originally planned to do this all in blue, white and silver, but the silhouettes didn't really stand out enough.
Then I saw a scrap of my favorite SEI Wintersong paper and decided the red was just what was needed. I images looked rather plain so I glittered them and cut the shadow in red. I tied a little red gingham bow around but it STILL looked rather unfinished. WooHoo! In my stash I found these snowflake charms which I thought were just the ticket. The silver frame around the opening was done with my Nesties.
With the dimension and all I really ended up liking this. Of course I ALWAYS love the challenges at Bah! Humbug! and welcome any excuse to do Christmas. Ann, Max and Irene are just the loveliest gals and it's so much fun to see their inspirations each week. And I'm so proud of myself getting a whole stash of Christmas cards done and maybe this year I'll even send some. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment