Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Burtonesque Dolls Sweeny Todd Challenge



WooHOO! I got my Simply Betty Stamps in time to use them on this week's Burtonesque Dolls challenge! The inspiration this week is Sweeny Todd, who if you remember, did more than a shave and a haircut with his razor while his gal pal Mrs. Lovette baked some fab meat pies with the remains. (EEEK!) I remember going to see this movie on Christmas Day. Hmmm, not in keeping with the usual holiday festivities, eh? Anyway, I just HAD to use Betty for this and took my coloring inspiration from Betty herself (and the pic from the movie). The challenge is actually to use cutting and distressing tools and I jumped at the chance to use my Zutter Distress-it-All (thanks Glenda for the great price on this!) to grind the edges of just about EVERYTHING here. The DP is Basic Grey, the weird textured stuff is Sizzix Little Sizzles Textures I got at Custom Crops. I used my MS Spiderweb Punch Around the Page topped by the coolest EVER May Arts Ribbon I found at my LSS. The lamp post is Cottage Cutz die, available at The Scrapping Cottage, spritzed with my home brew shimmer mist. I was trying to create a Victorian London scene and the bloody cobblestone street is embossed with the Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic folder and topped with MS Drippy Goo enhanced with Glossy Accents. (EEEEWWW!)

HeeHee! This was sooo much FUN! Here's a view of the dimension. Now I know some of you are hesitant to join in at The Burtonesque Dolls because you don't think you can follow the theme. I find that the BEST part of the challenge, but if you read closely, all you really HAVE to do is use your cutting and distressing tools so why not give it a try? New challenges come out every Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment