Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vile Vintage for Macabre Monday


Hee Hee, bet you weren't expecting this today, were ya? Well, this week's Macabre Monday challenge at Haunted Design House is Vile Vintage. This isn't exactly what I planned originally. Would have liked to do something MUCH older, but I was inspired by the Doll Face stamp from Scrolls Work. I guess if you call 50's vintage it will work. (which also means I'M vintage, but hey) Anyway, I was plagued by recurring nightmares as a child. Things were always chasing me and I could never hide from them. On top of that, it seems like there were all sorts of shows where dolls turned EVIL so relying on your little friends to keep you safe didn't cut it.

I decided to make a tag because I found this "tonight's memories" thingy in my Halloween stash. I suppose it's supposed to be a journaling tag for trick or treating but we all know how much scrapping I do. Also among this stuff were some rub on's from Creative Imaginations. How perfect is that sentiment for my little nightmare? The web, bats and purple monster arms are also rub ons. WooHoo!

I stamped Doll Face, cut her out, inked her a bit and punched out everybody's eyes and backed them with red foil board so they GLOW!!!!! Obviously the monster got to them. So much for my creepy memories. Hope YOU don't get nightmares!

No comments:

Post a Comment