Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Burtonesque Dolls Sleepy Hollow and Tiddly Inks Goth Challenges


I almost skipped this Burtonesque Dolls Sleepy Hollow challenge because my last week's card had spooky trees and such and one of my favorite Halloween cards I'd EVER done was a Sleepy Hollow theme so I wasn't sure the mojo would flow. Then I saw the adorable new Katrina at Tiddly Inks designed specifically for this challenge and noticed their Challenge this week was
Going GOTH so I rushed right over to snag her and went to work. Fortunately I found this Headless Horseman image on the net ( from the actual movie duh! it was right on The Burtonesque Dolls. LOL) so I printed it to use as the background. I used a premade card and inked and distressed it with my Distrezz-it-all and cut a mat that actually is the words from Washington Irving's book and used my Nesties Labels Five to cut a window. Then because I wanted MORE dimension I welded the spooky tree from Paper Doll Dress Up to a frame from Storybook in Cricut Design Studio and sprayed it with my home brew glimmer mist and popped it too.


One of these days I'm going to have to use some COLOR on these cute images, but the gray seemed to fit with the theme here. The swirling misty clouds are a ripped up dryer sheet threaded through the tree branches. I did 5 loads of laundry yesterday so I thought I'd recycle a bit. LOL
Here you can see a bit of the dimension. The pumpkin is a brad and Beware was computer generated and cut with Spellbinders Fancy Tags. The challenges at the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog are no longer random so if you'd like to vote for my card for last week's challenge you can HERE (you have to scroll down a bit). Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment