Thursday, June 17, 2010

Two with Tiddly!


Father's Day is really a tough time for me. I will always be a Daddy's Girl but I lost him 5 years ago to Alzheimer's. When I saw this adorable image at Tiddly Inks (called apppropriately "Daddy's Girl") I HAD to have her. I think I cried the whole time I was making this card but I really love how it turned out. (I'm not doing that good a job holding back the tears while typing either so if I'm messing up, sorry.)

After cutting her out with my Nesties I finally decided on an easel card so the sentiment will always be visible. The papers are from Miss Elizabeth's and unfortunately I don't know who did the plaid, which I picked out first, as it inspired the entire color scheme.

The letters for Daddy are stamped with an old set from Stamp Craft and cut out. She's done with a combo of paper piecing and coloring with my Copics, with the hat, tie and shoes colored again and popped.

The sentiment is computer generated and is how I will always feel. I love you Daddy and miss you very much! This is my second entry in the Cards for Men Father's Day Challenge, my first for the One for the Boys Cupcake Crafts Challenge, and it's been way too long since I've entered a challenge at A Crafty Little Place, #34 also One for the Boys.

On a lighter note, on the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog this week the challenge is Bleep, Bleep Boys and Their Robots. I got both the adorable images FREE from the Tiddly Inks PCP Group. WooHoo! Roboto came already colored in the freebie but he is available for purchase uncolored along with tons more adorable robots and other cute boy stuff Here. The free pressie was not colored so I printed it a couple of times and used my Papertrey Ink Distressed Stripes Clear Stamps I got from my dear friend Leah for my birthday to do the wrapping and then colored and cut and popped the bow. I love the fact that you can resize digis so I made the present large enough to turn into a shaped card and then just folded some cardstock, traced around the image with a bit of a shadow, and hand cut it with scissors. The little paper clip letters came from JoAnn's. The letters seemed to easily be popped off the clips (I found this out quite by accident, LOL) so I glued the o and r under the f on the first clip with glossy accents. I thought the square letters tied in perfectly.
The entire present was popped on the card base as was the ribbon on top of the colored pressie. Roboto was popped a bit higher and his shoes and one of the balloons were cut out and popped as well. LOVE that dimension! I love these challenges so much! If you've never worked with digis before and are unfamiliar with Tiddly Inks, this is a perfect challenge to get your feet wet since the images are available FREE for this one just by joining the Tiddly Inks PCP group. In fact every Tues there's something FREE being offered there so what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment